Best Gas cookers in Nigeria? Table-top gas cookers or Freestanding Gas cookers; Pros, Cons, Best fit for you.
It’s a great feeling when you find the perfect cooker for your home. Whether you love the charm of a range model or the sophistication of stainless steel, cookers are a great way of adding personality to your kitchen. Not to mention the fact that they play an important role in keeping us healthy and alive.
Gas cooker use is fast becoming a trend in Nigeria. It is amazing how it has also penetrated rural communities and become a choice cooking mechanism in many homes.
Days, when you have to spend a fortune to acquire a gas cooker, are long gone.
There is a reason why this Kitchen appliance has become the people's favorite today.
Brief History of Cooking Fuels and Methods.
Long before gas cookers, our grandmother's and mother's used Coal or Wood for food preparation. It was said that food prepared using coal or Wood tasted sweeter. However, there were lots of disadvantages to using this method of cooking. For one, it was very hard to control the amount of flame you needed for your food, if you didn't constantly monitor your food it might just burn.
With this method of cooking also comes the issue of harmful air pollutants being released to the atmosphere. According to research done in China, it was said that burning wood or coal to cook food is associated with increased risk of hospitalization or even dying from respiratory diseases. There is also an increased incidence of Lung cancer among woman that use firewood or coal to cook.
With time, this method of cooking was seen as dangerous and harmful to both people's health and the environment and so enough it was phased out. Then came the kerosene stoves, cooking with kerosene had a couple of advantages some of which are; Fast cooking when used in appropriate stoves, easy storage of fuel, very affordable.
Again, with every advantage that the kerosene stove offered, there were double disadvantages. Kerosene was seen to significantly contribute to indoor air pollution and ill-health. It was also highly flammable making it very dangerous to store at home. Eventually, the use of kerosene stoves became history with the invention of gas cookers.
Some of the advantages of using gas cookers include energy efficiency, precise temperature control, immediate heating and cooling, lower operating cost, and the ability to work without power. Cooking gas is the way to go for those who want a clean and pleasant cooking experience.
Gas cooks food faster than electricity. That means you can now spend more time doing what you love while still feeding your family with delicious, well-cooked food. You also help to save the environment by cooking with gas. Gas is the cleanest burning fossil fuel. It produces less carbon monoxide, sulfur dioxide, dissolved solids, or airborne particulates, all of which can be harmful to human and animal health.
When cooking with gas, you save money because gas cooks faster than electricity and it lasts longer. With the money that you save, you can even buy more food ingredients. If you’re shopping for a new cooker, the huge number of options available can be confusing.
Should you buy a range cooker or a freestanding model?
There's also the Table-top cooker.
In this post, we would be talking about the Table-top gas cooker and the Freestanding gas cookers. Understanding the features, benefits, pros, and cons of these gas cookers would go a long way in helping you to decide the one to get.
Cookers are now available in various qualities and sizes, the most common one to find is the tabletop gas cookers. Table-top gas cookers have taken the market by storm.
We have a table-top gas cooker that comes with a grill. Some also come with a hotplate. It’s also important to know that a few table-top gas cookers come with a stand that gives support to your pots during cooking.
Since their introduction many decades ago, they have grown to be among the most sought after gas cookers in Nigeria. The fact that they are among the cheapest, smallest, and most common put them at the very top of the chain.
These table-top gas cookers are very portable and can usually seat comfortably on your kitchen counter-top. They are compact, fit on your traditional kitchen cabinet, and overall, are very reliable when it comes to gas consumption. They feature a varying number of burners. A table-top Gas Cooker with two burners is the most popular one you would see on the market.
There are also one burner Table-top gas cookers, three burner gas cookers, four-burner gas cookers. Sometimes you could have up to 5 burners on some table-top gas cookers, but it's not so common to see that.
These burners allow you to cook from a high heat for boiling, frying, or searing to a low simmer for the most delicate sauces. Also gives you the precise control demanded by serious cooks.
The majority of these table-top gas cookers come in sleek stainless steel finish. This makes your table-top gas cooker last longer as they can withstand the commotion of a busy home. They can also resist stains and rust despite constant, messy use. This durable material will keep your appliances looking like new for years.
You shouldn't be surprised to note that there are some pros and cons of table-top gas cookers. Understanding these pros and cons would better help you to choose your perfect fit.
Now, let's dive into the pros and cons of the table-top gas cooker.
Pros of Table Top Gas Cookers.
- One of the major Pro of getting a table-top gas cooker is Effective space management. It helps to manage the kitchen space effectively, no need for a Gas that takes up the whole kitchen space just to prepare the family meal. The compact design of the table-top gas cooker makes them fit well into your kitchen and there will not be an issue finding a space for them in your kitchen.
- They help to prepare your food fast without getting your cookware black. You get immediate heat once you turn on the flame, and along with heating quickly, gas cook-tops also cool down, which is a safety advantage.
- It was very affordable for all families, even low-income families.
Cons of Table Top Gas Cookers.
- Most of them come with two burners and so might not be able to handle a large number of dishes.
- There's no versatility with them, you can only cook, boil, and fry food. You can't bake, roast, or grill foods.
These Table-top gas cookers are produced by the most reliable brands with amazing consumer reviews to back it up. They are super durable and very affordable.
The price for these Table-top gas cookers starts from N5,000 and you are sure to get great value for your money. There is a wide range of gas cookers like Scanfrost table top gas cooker,
Thermocool table top gas cooker,
LG table-top gas cooker,
Century table-top gas cooker,
Here are our Top 3 picks for Table Top Gas Cookers.
1. The Maxi 400 4 Burner Manual Ignition Table Top Gas Cooker. This table-top gas cooker features four gas burners which give you enough room to prepare more than one meal at a time.
It also has a metal lid top which you can close once you’re through with cooking.
It is designed to be resistant to corrosion, thereby making it possible for this gas cooker to be free from rust for a long time. It goes for just N13,100 on Zit Electronics Store.
2. The Haier Thermocool Double Burner table-top gas cooker TGC-2TA. It features two gas burners designed to be economical and consume very little gas thus helping you keep your monthly gas bills at a minimum.
The two knobs used in operating the burners are simple to turn. It comes in a stylish and durable design that is sure to last for a long time.
3. The Saisho Double Burner Gas Stove Glass Top S- 305BF. It features a tempered glass surface that is made from glass materials and manufactured to be extra rugged and anti-rust.
Featuring an easy-use design and accessible controls, it is constructed with superior steel for extra durability.
FREESTANDING GAS COOKERS.
Gas cookers and ovens are arguably among the most essential appliances in a modern kitchen. While these two must-have appliances have each built a market of their own, the idea to have these two combined in a single appliance was a welcome improvement. And that's where a Freestanding gas cooker comes in.
When it comes to cooking and baking you can be sure that you're making the right choice with a freestanding gas cooker. Free-standing gas cookers come with a lot of option that ensures maximum convenience and let you cook like a professional chef. Another thing is that the Freestanding gas cooker helps you to manage your space properly and efficiently, it gives the kitchen a more modern setting with some classy touch.
This cooker type combines an oven and a hob into one convenient appliance. It’s easier to multitask, as you can keep an eye on your dish in the oven while you use the hob.
Freestanding cookers tend to come in 50 cm, 55 cm, and 60 cm widths, though they can vary. Make sure the model you’re looking at will fit in the space you have available.
The idea of cooking and baking with the same appliance has been wonderfully embraced in Nigeria. As expected, the market for Freestanding gas cookers has drastically increased since their introduction to the market. These Freestanding gas cookers have only made kitchen work easier and so much fun. You enjoy increased versatility in the kitchen now as you not only cook or fry your food, you also get to bake or grill your food too.
Some of these Freestanding gas cookers feature controls that allow you time your food on fire. Some others feature auto ignition and some require just a single button to start up. These gas cookers also vary in the oven capacity and number of burners. The standard size which is 60*60cm usually has 4 well-spaced optimally sized burners.
At times you can get up to 6 burners in Freestanding gas cookers and they sometimes use dual-fuel i.e. both gas and electricity. This allows for more flexibility in your cooking styles. Sometimes, the in-built ovens double as a griller with a turnspit for your animal protein.
Other features include Double glazed oven glass doors which helps to insulate your oven and make it much more energy-efficient, in addition to making it quieter.
Mechanical timer, Oven light, auto ignition knobs, and so on. Freestanding gas cookers don’t only make cooking easier, faster and better, they have a way of making the kitchen look more tidy, organized, and neat.
Let us now discuss a bit about the pros and cons of the Freestanding gas cooker. Again, understanding these factors would help you make a better decision to suit your needs.
Pros of the Freestanding gas cooker.
- Flexibility is one major advantage of the Freestanding gas cooker. You can find a freestanding cooker to fit the space in your kitchen and you can move it around if you want to redesign your kitchen or move house.
- Increased versatility in your cooking styles, you get to have healthier options for food. Roasting and grilling your foods instead of frying them in unhealthy oils.
- Since you can get up to 6 burners at a time, you can make a lot of meals simultaneously without stress.
Cons of the Freestanding gas cooker.
- It is far more expensive than the table-top model.
- It is not as portable as the table-top gas cooker. You need to have enough space in your kitchen to fit it in.
Again, here are our Top 3 picks for Freestanding gas cookers:
1. The Maxi 60*90 (5B) Gas Cooker is one of the best gas cookers in Nigeria today. Its price ranges from N130,000 - N150,000 in the market.
It is designed to make cooking more convenient and fun. In terms of ease of use and overall efficiency, this gas cooker is one to beat.
2. The Nexus 4 Burner Gas Cooker GCCR Nx 5055B (3 + 1) Black. You can get this one for N63,000 on Zit Electronics Store. The multi-functional cooker gives you a cooking edge in almost all spheres.
It features 3 gas burners with an additional electric hot plate. It also includes an oven with grill, dish warmer, and an auto-ignition for the burners.
3. The Polystar 3 Burner 1 Hot Plate, Oven Grill Stainless Gas Cooker. This gas cooker is durable, efficient, and very easy to use. With its Eco euro pool burner, you are sure to enjoy evenly and well-cooked meals.
Now that you know more about these two awesome gas cookers, you can take your kitchen to the next level and make the best decision to suit your needs.
Looking for a reliable Freestanding gas cooker or a Compact Table-top gas cooker?
Visit Zit Electronics Online Store to discover a wide range of durable Gas cookers, perfectly suited to your needs and budget.