How Well Do You Know Your Split Air Conditioner? Types of Split Air Conditioners.
- Air conditioner, Air conditioner maintenance, blenders, clean air, Cooker with Inbuilt Oven, Freezer, Gas cooker, Generator maintainence, Generators, Haier Thermocool, healthy living, Hisense, home theaters, Inverter, inverter battery, LG, Lutian, microwave oven, Nexus, okayama, okayama generators, OLED, OLED TVs, Panasonic, polystar, Refrigerator, ROKU TV, sandwich maker toaster, Skyrun, skyrun freezers, Smart TVs, soccer power, solar, Sound system, Standing Cookers, Table top cooker, TCL, Television, washers, water dispenser
- 14 Jan, 2021
Air Conditioners are an integral part of our household. It is that piece of electronics that puts a sort of feel or sleekness to our living room, bedroom, laundry room, etc.
When you walk into a luxury apartment, the first thing that cascades the upsides of your face is that fresh, cool breeze emanating from a split air conditioner hanging at the extreme or topmost part of the living room.
Interior decor has gotten better as a result of the split air conditioner. The reason for this is based on the fact that one doesn’t have to break the wall to house the window air conditioner, which was very common at that time.
WHAT IS A SPLIT AIR CONDITIONER?
A split unit air conditioner is an air conditioning system that consists out of two separate units; the water or air-cooled condensing unit and the air handling unit. The air handling unit is installed in the air-conditioned room itself, whereas the condensing unit is installed either in the engine room or other mechanical space.
The condensing unit can be mounted outside as well. The two units are connected by insulated refrigerant lines. The compressor and the condenser are placed in the condensing unit. The evaporator coil is placed in the evaporating unit. As the condensing unit isn’t placed inside the conditioned area, the split unit air conditioner system is a lot quieter.
Some Advantages of Split Air Conditioners (Picture of Split Air Conditioner):
Connects one indoor unit to an outdoor unit.
Installs simply and unobtrusively to buildings with no need for ductwork.
Delivers a sophisticated air conditioning solution to single zone interior spaces at an affordable price.
Provides a simple solution for one-room additions.
Young Individuals always consider an air conditioner while making plans to rent an apartment or start up a new business that requires office space. With the very sophisticated nature of this electronic, you’re entitled to an even cooler, beautiful environment.
I also would say that split air conditioners are the most purchased piece of electronics in both the online and offline retail chain or store.
You walk into an apartment, and having been made to feel comfortable by your host, then, suddenly, the voltage drops and begins to fluctuate. But despite the fluctuation, the air condition unit still maintains its cooling temperature. You fear that it might hamper the air conditioner at the end.
Funny enough, you begin to contemplate what might possibly go wrong if the air conditioner is still turned on at that moment.
Thoughts upon thoughts keep going through your mind!
Your Host stares with rather amusingly while you wallow in deep confusion.
Then, after getting tired with the whole internal dialogue, you decided to ask your eager Host or hostess this question, “What Type of Air Conditioner is this?”
ANSWER: It is an INVERTER SPLIT AIR CONDITIONER.
Now, let us see the (3) three Types of Split Air Conditioners available today.
TYPES OF SPLIT AIR CONDITIONERS.
REGULAR/NON-INVERTER SPLIT AC
1. A regular or non-inverter air conditioner unit has a fixed speed compressor motor. Unlike inverter units, they work on an “all or none” principle meaning the compressor automatically goes on and off rather than running at a full speed all the time. The compressor automatically switches off when the desired temperature is reached and starts again when the temperature increases. Because of the frequent on-off cycles, the compressor always works at high power which creates a whole lot of noise while running thereby consuming more electricity at times making them less energy efficient than Regular/Non-Inverter Split Ac
2. Inverter Ac
3. Low-Voltage Ac
their inverter counterparts.
There is a wide variety of Non-Inverter Split Air Conditioners in Nigeria Today.
They come in popular brands like Hisense, LG, Haier Thermocool, Skyrun, etc
Regular/Non-Inverter Split Air Conditioners come in three different Horsepower; 1HP, 1.5HP, and 2HP. (More details here)
Characteristics of Non-Inverter Split AC
1. Create a whole lot of noise when running.
2. Contains a fixed speed compressor which automatically goes off and on all the time.
3. Works on an "all or none" basis and operates at either full power or no power, where it goes off.
4. As a result of the on-off frequency, they end up consuming more electricity than inverter units.
5. Life span is less compared to inverter units.
6. Very affordable.
7. Uses R22 Gas. (R22 refrigerant is a chemical that keeps the air coming from your air conditioning system cool, so it's unquestionably incredibly important. Most air conditioning units older than 10 years utilize an AC refrigerant called R22 that's commonly identified as Freon*, and is noted by the EPA as HCFC-22).
INVERTER SPLIT AIR CONDITIONER
An inverter Split air conditioner unit has a variable speed compressor motor that adjusts the refrigerant flow inside the unit to control its cooling and heating capacity as required.
The speed of the compressor motor in an inverter unit is directly proportional to the frequency of the power supply.
It uses a variable-frequency sensor to control the speed of the motor which regulates the refrigerant flow inside the unit to provide just the right amount of cooling.
This eliminates the frequent start-stop cycles thereby increasing the energy efficiency of the unit in the long run.
Inverter Split Air-conditioners adjust the speed of the compressor to control the refrigerant (R410 gas) thereby consuming less current and power.
The Inverter Air Conditioners operate at maximum capacity as soon as they startup. As a result, the set temperature can be attained more quickly.
It has precise temperature control and as the set temperature is attained, the unit adjusts its capacity to eliminate any temperature fluctuations.
As the indoor temperature approaches the set temperature, inverter control adjusts to low capacity operation to maintain this temperature.
This makes inverter models more energy-saving than non-inverter models, which must repeatedly start or stop their compressors to maintain room temperature.
Inverter Split Air Conditioners also come in a wide variety of popular brands.
Brands like Nexus, TCL, LG, Royal, Haier Thermocool, Hisense, etc
Inverter Split AC also comes in three different Horsepower; 1HP, 1.5HP, and 2HP.
Characteristics Of Inverter Split Air Conditioners
1. Longer Life Span.
2. Energy Saving.
3. Uses R410 Gas (R410-A, also known as Puron, is a refrigerant that saves you money on energy and electrical/Nepa bills each month. The refrigerant doesn’t cause the compressor to overheat as much, meaning that it runs on less power than an air conditioning unit with R22. R410-A also runs at a greater pressure, so newer units compatible with this refrigerant can withstand stress and reduce the odds of cracking.)
4. More Expensive.
5. The compressor runs at full speed all the time to constantly regulate the temperature as required.
6. Low Noise
LOW VOLTAGE SPLIT AIR CONDITIONER
The Low Voltage Split Air Conditioner with Low Voltage Starter (LVS) is a type of air conditioner that works at a certain voltage range.
It could be between 150V - 220V.
The Low Voltage Operation is designed to work with voltages as low as 170V making it perfect for the Nigerian power situation.
It allows you to enjoy our superb cooling performance even when power is erratic and without the use of a stabilizer.
With the low voltage split air conditioner, whenever there is a drop in current, the air condition retains its effectiveness till the moment the current restore back till its normal voltage. This particular split air conditioner is paramount when you reside in an area where the electric current fluctuates repeatedly. Most environs in the Lagos metropolis, and Nigeria as a whole, use worn-out transformers.
The cost of getting a good, working transformer is almost 1million Naira or more.
With the ever-increasing cost of living, people prefer to spend less on looking for a new apartment.
They’d rather prefer to manage wherever they find themselves.
There is a wide range of low-voltage Acs with Low Voltage Starter (LVS) in Nigeria.
1. Haier Thermocool (Haier Thermocool 1.5 Hp Airconditioner)
3. Polystar (Polystar 1Hp Split Unit Air Conditioner)
4. Hisense (Hisense 1.5HP Copper Split Unit Air Conditioner)
5. Skyrun (Skyrun 1.5 Hp Split A/C Kf 35Gwc)
6. Hisense (Hisense 2HP Copper Split Unit Air Conditioner)
See more: LOW VOLTAGE SPLIT AIR CONDITIONERS.
With this very expansive article, knowing the right split air conditioner that suits your current need has gotten even better.
You can check out a wide range of other air conditioners on Zit Electronics Store.